Patents & Publications
Partial list of utility patents granted to Balbir Singh, in product and process development in paper tissue, non-woven, medical, food and packaging industry.
1. Scott Paper Company
US 4,009,814, Mar 1, 1977, Web Accumulator: A device for accumulating and discharging a reserve portion of a continuous web.
US 4,197,774, Apr 15, 1980, Traveling Cutter Assembly*: A dispenser for severing a sheet from a paper roll into desired lengths.
US 4,265,409, May 5, 1981, Web Rewinder Turret Swing Control*: An apparatus that controls the swinging frame and rotation of a turret in a web rewinder.
US 5,158,521, Oct 27, 1992, Embossing Dispenser: An embossing dispenser in which the sheet from a roll of paper towel is embossed as it is dispensed..
2. Ethicon – Johnson & Johnson
US 6,233,905, May 22, 2001, Fill and Form with Multiple Flat Packages: A free standing paper bag for holding and displaying stacked flat items.
US 6,258,017, Jul 10, 2011, System and Method for Producing Folded Articles: A rotary folder for hemming, longitudinal and transverse folding and stacking.
US 6,283,905, Sep 4, 2001: System and Method for Producing Folded Articles: A rotary folder for hemming, longitudinal and transverse folding and stacking.
US 6,385,946, May 14, 2002, System and Method for Producing Folded Articles: A rotary folder for non-woven quarter folded medical sponges..
US 6,425,547, Jul 30, 2002, System and Method for Producing Coreless Fabric Rolls: A system for winding coreless non-woven/gauze bandage rolls.
US 6,808,478, Oct 26, 2004, System and Method for Producing Folded Articles: A rotary folder for transverse folding of medical sponges.
US 2003/0073559, Apr 17, 2003: Apparatus and Method for Longitudinal Folding: An apparatus for folding fragile/fluffy materials such as medical gauze.
3. Uncle Ben's, Inc.
US 6,153,232, Nov 28, 2000: Boil-in-Bag Package*: A boil-in-bag package for storage and cooking of food items.
4. Mars, Inc.
US 6,395,317, May 28, 2002, Process and Apparatus for Forming Dual Compartment Pouches from a Continuous Web*: For boil-in-bag package.
5. Sellars Absorbent Materials, Inc.
US 7,578,414, Aug 25, 2009: All Weather Absorbent Towel Dispenser*: A water resistant dispenser for center dispensed absorbent paper towels.
US 7,992,745, Aug 9, 2011: All Weather Absorbent Towel Dispenser*: A water resistant dispenser for center dispensed absorbent paper towels.
6. Gold Hong Ye Paper Co., China
WO 2010/133037, Nov 25, 2010: Method and Rewinding Machine for Winding Paper around Core: A rewinding machine for winding rolls of tissue/towel paper.
* Indicates additional inventors.
1. "Deformation of Contacting Rollers with Compliant Coatings", Ph.D. Thesis, University of Pennsylvania, 1979.
2. "Efficient Design of Axisymmetric Elastic Plates" *, Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Engineering for Industry, February 1974.
3. "Elastic Deformation of End-Supported Pressure Rollers" *, Transactions of the ASME, Journal of Vibration, Acoustics, Stress, and Reliability in Design, October 1984, Vol. 106.
4. "A Cylindrical Layer Indenting an Elastic Layer" *, ASME Paper N0. 83-WA/DE-8.
5. "Preserving Quality in Converting Processes", Tissue World Americas 2002, Converting Workshop.
*Coauthored with B.Paul.
Home | Converting | Paper Making | Packaging | Engineering